The following proof translations are a selection of texts from the English Bible of the Deaf. It is not yet the final text, but is published on the website for commentary. All the comments and suggestions received will be considered so that the text can be improved before final publication.
We trust that this selection of texts from the English Bible for the Deaf will enable more Deaf readers to read and understand the Bible, give them an opportunity to show where the text of the EBD should be improved or simplified, and even make more people aware of the needs of Deaf readers.
You can also complete the feedback form here.
Keys to understand the footnotes in the text
- There is a footnote caller, a small letter, a, b or c in front of each difficult word in the text, the meaning of which is explained at the corresponding letter at the bottom of the page.
- Some difficult words are marked with an *asterisk, and are explained in the Word list.
- There are multi-worded keywords that had to be linked by an underline to show the readers that they are being explained as one. Those are words like tree_of_life and Holy_Spirit.
- [*drawing # ]: Readers can look for the corresponding number in the list of illustrations.
- [*map # ]: Readers can look for the corresponding number on the maps.
- Genesis 1-3
- Exodus 20
- Ruth 1-4
- Psalms 1; 8; 23
- Isaiah 53
- Lamentations 4-5
- Jonah 1-4
- Matthew 5:1-16; 27:27-56
- Luke 2:41-52; 24:13-35
- John 1-3
- Romans 8:31-39
- Galatians 2
- Ephesians 1
- Philippians 2:1-18
- 1 Peter 1